Telefon +41 (0)44 991 55 77
Company founder, CEO, and the driving force and soul of TNC. A photovoltaic pioneer from the very outset. Thomas Nordmann (born in 1952) has been working in the field of solar power since 1974. He es the founder and CEO of TNC Consulting AG and chairman of the Board of Directors of Effienergie AG.
- He began his career at the then Swiss Federal Institute for Reactor Research in Würenlingen (now the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI), where he worked on the development of solar thermal collectors.
- He founded TNC in 1985.
- He was President of the Swiss Solar Industry Association (SOFAS) for seven years, and was Vice-President of “Swissolar”, the association of Swiss solar energy professionals, until March 2002.
- Thomas Nordmann represents Switzerland in working groups of the IEA Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme set up by the International Energy Agency.
- He is a member of the Commission for Connection Conditions for Renewable Energies (CCRE).
- He is the committee/advisor of the European Photovoltaic Conference EU PVSEC as well as of the PV Symposium Bad Staffelstein since 1994.
- Since 2016, he is co-founder of the Forum Energiespeicher Schweiz FESS, head of the core team and spokesman for the economy.
- TNC TNC projects won the Swiss Solar Prize in 1994, 1998 and 1999. Thomas Nordmann was awarded the European Solar Prize in 1997.